Ibanez RGA421HPFM Blue Reef Gradation
USED IN EXCELLENT SHAPE WITH NO SIGN OF WEAR
For high-octane tone, fluid playability, and undeniably cool looks, it's hard to beat the Ibanez High Performance RG421HPFM-BRG solidbody electric guitar.
The Ibanez RG hardly needs an introduction - iconic guitarists from Paul Gilbert and Steve Vai to Gary Holt and Reb Beach have made their impact with an RG at some point. This iteration of the definitive rock guitar boasts a fast-playing Wizard III roasted maple neck, an aggressively-voiced pair of DiMarzio humbucking pickups, and a fixed bridge for maximum tuning stability. When you need a guitar that will hold up to your most frantic fretwork, you'll do well with the Ibanez RG421HPFM.
DiMarzio Air Norton and Tone Zone humbucking pickups
The Ibanez High Performance RG421HPFM is primed for epic tone with a pair of DiMarzio humbucking pickups. In the neck slot, the Air Norton is deep and warm, but not muddy. The magnetic structure is designed to reduce string-pull, which improves sustain, and it yields picking attack and dynamics that are easily controlled and expressive. It's a perfect match for the Tone Zone humbucker in the bridge position. The DiMarzio Tone Zone is a brilliantly high-output pickup, yet it delivers tremendous dynamic range, so you can get even more tones out of your guitar. Pick softer and the notes are cleaner and quieter, then throw on some harder shredding, and you'll get a ton of fat power.
Iconic Wizard neck
The Wizard neck profile has been what makes an Ibanez an Ibanez. And you'll find the third-generation Wizard III on the Ibanez High Performance RG421HPFM solidbody electric guitar. Its incredibly thin contour is a favorite among fast, technical players, as it allows unfettered movement up and down the fretboard. Even if your runs begin in the open position and end at the highest frets, this neck won't get in your way, and higher fret access is enhanced by the contoured cutaway. And its roasted maple construction provides a stable neck while offering increased sustain and tonal attack.
Coil tap switch offers access to single-coil pickup tones
In addition to its master volume and tone controls, the Ibanez High Performance RG421HPFM is equipped with a coil-tap switch for access to single-coil pickup tones. Switching between humbucking and coil-tapped modes is a great way to differentiate your tone for different parts of an arrangement, or when overdubbing multiple guitar parts. The output is lowered as well, making it easy to clean up your sound by reducing the impact on your amp's preamp section.
- Classic Ibanez RG playability and looks
- Fast-playing roasted maple Wizard III neck
- DiMarzio Air Norton (neck) and Tone Zone (bridge) humbucking pickups deliver explosive tone
- Coil-tap switch gives you access to single-coil pickup tones too
- Fixed bridge for rock-solid tuning stability
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: High Performance RG
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Nyatoh
- Top Material: Flamed Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Color: Blue Reef Gradation
- Neck Material: Roasted Maple
- Neck Shape: Wizard III
- Radius: 15.7"
- Fingerboard Material: Jatoba
- Fingerboard Inlay: White Dots
- Number of Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.692"
- Nut Material: Plastic
- Bridge/Tailpiece: F106
- Tuners: Ibanez Machine Heads
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio Air Norton Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio The Tone Zone Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 2-way toggle coil-tap switch, 3-way blade pickup switch Strings: .010-.46
The Ibanez High Performance series delivers high-end performance and road warrior dependability.