The Source Audio Programmable EQ is a thoroughly modern and highly streamlined upgrade to traditional equalizer pedals. This compact, rugged, cast aluminum stompbox provides quick, hands-free access to four different user programmed EQ settings. Whatever your instrument, playing style, or genre, the Source Audio Programmable EQ is the essential tone-sculpting tool for your live rig.
The Programmable EQ packs plus or minus 18dB of range over seven frequency bands, plus an additional frequency band at 62Hz, accessible via the Octave Extend function. Engaging the Octave Extend systematicallyoptimizes the pedals frequency spectrum to accommodate the specific frequency range of the bass. Once you?ve dialed in the desired guitar or bass tone, save it in one of four programmable user presets. Each preset is easily accessible via the hands-free footswitch scrolling function. Simply hold down the footswitch and let the pedal scroll through each preset at an adjustable rate release to engage. The pedals MIDI input also provides remote access for switching presets, controlling parameters, and engaging/bypassing the effect. Run a MIDI signal from your Source Audio Soleman, Disaster Area DMC, Voodoo Lab Ground Control, or any other MIDI controller, and vastly expand your tone horizon within each preset.
The Programmable EQ offers a substantial clean boost of up to 12dB. Use the clean boost for an entirely transparent volume increase or go further and give your amp the front-end push needed for an aggressive natural break-up. The Universal Bypass feature offers both relay-based true bypass, and buffered analog bypass. Relay-based true bypass provides a completely unaffected hardwire signal in bypass mode, while buffered analog bypass uses analog switching and provides a consistent input impedance and buffered output. As a bonus, the Auto-scrolling function, which automatically scrolls between all four presets at an adjustable rate, creates unique and dramatic effects similar to sequencer or tremolo units.
The pedal runs on a 9V battery (included) or with an optional external power supply.PROGRAMMABLE EQ FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
- +/- 18dB range over seven frequency bands.
- Four independent programmable user presets easily recalled via the Footswitch.
- Octave Extend Function: optimizes the EQ for bass with an additional freq band at 62Hz.
- Small Footprint: A compact, rugged, cast aluminum housing.
- Auto-scrolling function: automatically scrolls through all four presets to create unique and dramatic effects similar to sequencer or tremolo units.
- Universal Bypass: Choose between, Hardwire "True" Bypass, utilizing a small-signal relay for improved reliability and remote switching capabilities, or Buffered Bypass, utilizing analog switching for a consistent input impedance and buffered output.
- MIDI input: Recall presets, control parameters, engage/bypass remotely via MIDI.
- State-of-the-art DSP our proprietary 56-bit Digital Signal Processor, the SA601 and crystal-clear 24-bit converters.
- Dimensions: 4.5 in/11.4cm (Length) x 2.5 in/6.4cm (width) x 2 in/5.1cm (height)
- Runs on a 9V battery (included) or power supply (not included). Click here to view recommended power supply and purchasing information.