The Ibanez GRX70QA-TKS has been found it to be a great beginner electric.
Its eye-popping quilted maple top gives it an expensive look that belies its price tag. But the GRX70QA isn't about looks - it delivers killer sound to match. Its poplar body supplies a resonant, balanced-sounding base for your tone. Beyond that, a versatile trio of Infinity pickups delivers a range of fierce, high-output tones. As for playability, you'll love the smooth, fast action of this guitar's neck. Engage in serious dive-bombing and other whammy acrobatics with the GRX70QA's standard tremolo.
Infinity pickups give you massive tonal range
The Ibanez GRX70QA yields a range of impressive tones, thanks to its Infinity pickups. It all starts with a duo of Infinity R humbuckers. The neck position humbucker is voiced for warmer, richer tone, while the bridge humbucker is a brilliant lead pickup: vibrant yet snarling with an enhanced midrange output when you push it. Beyond that, you get an Infinity RS single-coil pickup in the middle position. If you're after maximum tonal tenacity, the Ibanez GRX70QA will give your amplifier what you need.
Smooth-playing, fast-action neck enhances your speed
A guitar is only as playable as its neck - good thing the Ibanez GRX70QA has a smooth and fast-playing maple neck. This comfortable neck is capped by a bound purpleheart fingerboard with a super-flat 15.7" radius and 22 medium frets, giving you the agility to execute fast single-note runs with ease.
Dive-bomb with this guitar's tremolo
From huge dive-bombs to subtle vibrato to stutter-like warbling, the Ibanez GRX70QA's tremolo is ready for anything you throw at it. When not in use, the tremolo is solid and in tune; when in use it does your bidding down to the microtone. Whether you need the trem for cool '50s-era dips or massive metal dives, the Ibanez GRX70QA is ready.
- Poplar body exhibits impressive balance and resonance
- Quilted maple art grain top provides an eye-catching appearance
- Infinity pickups deliver a range of fierce high-output tones
- Smooth-playing neck lends itself to fast action
- GRX maple neck for smooth playability
- Purpleheart fretboard is easy on the fingers while shredding
- FAT-6 tremolo bridge gives you options for stylized attack
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: GIO RX
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Poplar
- Top Material: Quilted Maple Art Grain
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Color: Transparent Black Sunburst
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: GRX
- Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Bound Purpleheart
- Fingerboard Inlay: White Dot
- Number of Frets: 22, Medium
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.653"
- Nut Material: Plastic
- Bridge/Tailpiece: T106 Tremolo
- Tuners: Ibanez Machine Heads
- Neck Pickup: Infinity R Humbucker
- Middle Pickup: Infinity RS Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: Infinity R Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x volume, 1 x tone, 1 x 5-way blade switch
- Strings: .009-.042
Engage in serious dive-bombing and other whammy acrobatics with the GRX70QA's standard tremolo.