Always committed to designing instruments with the player in mind, the Ibanez AEG50 represents a continuation of the popular AEG series.
With a reduced-depth body, this slimmer acoustic-electric is light and easy to play. The AEG50 features a spruce top with sapele back and sides - a tonewood pairing that delivers a sweet, rounded tone with a prominent low end. A nyatoh neck with walnut fingerboard offers stellar playability and response. Meanwhile, an Ibanez T-Bar II undersaddle and AEQ-TTS preamp pump out beautifully articulate amplified tone. The AEG50 also features a smooth, deep cutaway that gives you access to those higher notes up the neck.
Stellar amplified tone
The placement of the Ibanez T-Bar II undersaddle pickup captures palm hits and bass drum-like tones - great for experimental, expressive styles of play. In addition, the AEQ-TTS preamp lets you tweak your amplified sound to suit various styles, and with an onboard tuner, you can stay in tune while you perform - a feature guitarists really appreciate.
AEG body shape feels great and keeps feedback at bay
The shallow body design of the AEG50 is not only comfortable to play, but it also keeps feedback at bay when plugged in. The undersized body eliminates the boominess you get from larger-bodied acoustics, making it ideal for live performance as well as recording. And its undersized design means it's lighter, making it a perfect "campfire" guitar that travels easily.
- Beautifully designed acoustic-electric with slimmer body design for comfortable playing
- Spruce top adds extra definition to the attack
- Sapele back and sides delivers full, rounded tone
- Nyatoh neck offers stellar playability and response
- Ibanez T-Bar II undersaddle and AEQ-TTS preamp kicks out beautifully articulate amplified tone
- Genuine bone nut and compensated bone saddle support enhanced tone
- Onboard tuner keeps you in tune during your performance
- Ibanez Advantage bridge pins keep strings in place
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: AEG
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Honey Burst
- Finish: High Gloss Polyurethane
- Top Wood: Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: Sapele
- Neck Wood: Nyatoh
- Neck Shape: Comfort Grip
- Radius: 15.7"
- Fingerboard Material: Walnut
- Fingerboard Inlay: White Dots
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Die-cast
- Bridge Material: Walnut Nut/Saddle
- Material: Plastic/Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.692"
- Electronics: Ibanez AEQ-TTS preamp with tuner
- Strings: Ibanez, .012-.053
The AEG50 also features a smooth, deep cutaway that gives you access to those higher notes up the neck.