The Epiphone ETSWDBNB Emperor Swingster™ is a way-cool guitar that excels in a wide range of genres, including jazz, blues, rockabilly, country, and rock.
Epiphone based the Emperor Swingster around the body and neck of the venerable Emperor-II (made famous by jazz master Joe Pass), added a dedicated pair of humbucking pickups, and installed a parallel/series wiring scheme that gives you a range of outstanding tones. From rich and smoky to defined and snappy, the Emperor Swingster makes a first-class musical companion for jazz, blues, rockabilly, country, and rock alike. This hollowbody electric guitar's Tune-o-matic bridge ensures rock-solid stability; a licensed Bigsby vibrato infuses your playing with vintage-tinged textures. And thanks to a multitude of eye-catching appointments, this instrument looks as amazing as it sounds.
SwingBucker pickups yield vintage-inflected twang
At the heart of the Swingster are Epiphone's SwingBucker pickups. Specially designed for the Emperor Swingster, these humbuckers offer excellent no-hum performance and feature classic Alnico V magnets, enamel wire, and overwound coils for the perfect combination of warmth, bite, and twang. Guitarists are completely enamored by the one-of-a-kind vintage-inflected twang that can be coaxed out of the Swingster. Once you plug in, it's hard to put it down!
Series/parallel switching, vintage-style vibrato
Two push-pull tone controls allow you to change each pickup's output individually from parallel to series wiring and create a palette of useful sounds. Go from warm humbucker tones to "quacky" single-coil-type sounds and everything in between. Of course, any swinging machine needs a vibrato - and the Epiphone Emperor Swingster is no exception! The Swingster includes a licensed Bigsby vibrato with an original-style wire handle as preferred by guitar legend Chet Atkins.
This Swingster brings the visual bling
Epiphone tops off the great-playing, awesome-sounding Emperor Swingster with visual flair. You get a multi-bound headstock with the classic mother-of-pearl vine inlay, premium Grover tuners, and a multi-bound, 22-fret Indian laurel fingerboard with block inlays. If you're ready for a professional guitar with unique features and a killer price tag, swing into a new Emperor Swingster today!
- Based around the body and neck of the venerable Emperor-II
- 2 SwingBucker pickups deliver the perfect blend of warmth, bite, and twang
- Series/parallel wiring supplies a full palette of useful sounds
- Licensed Bigsby vibrato with original-style wire handle creates vintage-tinged textures
- Easy-playing 22-fret Indian laurel fingerboard with block inlays
- Rock-solid Tune-o-matic bridge and premium Grover Rotomatic tuners
- Eye-catching multi-bound headstock with the classic mother-of-pearl vine inlay
- General Number of Strings: 6
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Body Type: Semi-hollowbody
- Body Shape: Emperor Swingster Singlecut
- Body Material: Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Color: Delta Blue Metallic
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Slim Taper
- Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid Blocks
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 24.724"
- Nut Width: 1.692"
- Nut Material: Graph Tech NuBone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: LockTone Tune-O-Matic Bridge with pinned Laurel base, Bigsby Vibrato Tailpiece Tuners: Grover Rotomatics
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone SwingBucker Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone SwingBucker Humbucker
- Controls: 2 x volume, 2 x tone (push/pull series parallel), 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings: .11-.50
The Epiphone Emperor Swingster injects twangy, vintage character into a classic design.